Saturday, September 11, 2010

in which i introduce myself with multiple run-on sentences

it's a quiet saturday, 9 am.  the sky is still trying to wake up and decide whether to be morose or chipper.  i should probably be spending my 9/11 morning musing on freedom, american-muslim relations or the like, but, in my usual fashion, i've shirked the norm and decided instead to start a blog.

as of late, i've invented a precipice of life-changing deadlines for myself.  a girl in her mid-twenties who has passion waiting to burst out of her like a capped toothpaste tube under pressure tends to shudder herself into emotional earthquakes when she doesn't know the source or goal of said passion - - just that it's there, it's *really* there...not at term yet, but growing, and holy cow i'd better get the nursery ready.

it's the age-old search for purpose: the solidly-paved freeway of elementary school subjects leading to the twisted suburban neighborhoods of high school electives leading to the rural gravel roads of college majors leading to the woods where, if you're lucky, there is not just a road less travelled, but any path at all.

i am not adept at carving my own way; hacking through foliage indiana-jones style with a keen sense of direction and a steady confidence in my own survival skills.  i am good at following rules; making others feel at ease; obeying social norms with my necessary twist.  but this is where i have found myself; hesitantly clipping leaves and tiptoeing through the forest with trepidation.

i understand generalities about this passion (henceforth referred to as 'the fire').  it drives me to build and make and understand, clarify, and tell.  so...

welcome to my blog.  i hope to comment on life as my curious self sees each odd detail, which will naturally involve a bit of self-reflection, but hopefully not a load of blatant ME ME ME, because it is not about that..."it" being the larger story in which all of humanity is cast, but in which few take leading roles.  that's the story i want to tell...through my life, and through this part of it called my blog.  and hopefully, through it all, the Author will become dazzlingly clear and brilliantly real, as much for me as anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment